Dr. George W. Mushrush, Professor of Chemistry
Office: Science and Technology
I, Room 351
Phone: (703) 993-1080
Ph.D. George Washington University, 1968
Physical and inorganic chemistry. Synthesis and characterization of shale crude oil components and their thermal reactions. Synthesis of fuel system icing inhibitors and wing deicers. Synthesis of hydroperoxides and their thermal reactivity, product distribution and metal surface or metal ion catalysis. Indoor radon, its significance as a natural pollutant and its regional occurrence in Virginia and Maryland.
- Synthesis and characterization of alternative fuels.
- Synthesis of fuel system icing inhibitors and wing deicers.
- Thermal reactivity of jet fuels and decreased flammability.
- Indoor radon, its significance as a natural pollutant and its regional occurrence in the eastern United States.
- George W. Mushrush, Magnetic Vibratory Drive, Patent No. 3733500, issued May 15, 1973.
- George W. Mushrush and Thomas Schlemmer, Pulverizer, Patent No. 4102504, issued July 25, 1978.
- George W. Mushrush and Dennis R. Hardy, Deicers Derived from Carbohydrates, issued January 6, 1998.
- George W. Mushrush and Paul H. Maubert, Fuel Additive Composition and Method for Treatment of Middle Distillate Fuels and Gasoline, February 27, 2005.
Petroleum Products: Instability and Incompatibility, George W. Mushrush and James
G. Speight, November 1995 Taylor & Francis, Washington, DC. Reviewed JACS 4/96.
Chemistry & Biochemistry Department
MS 3E2 4400 University Drive Fairfax, VA 22030-4444
Science & Technology I (campus map)
Phone 703-993-1070 Fax 703-993-1055