The Hayek Fund for Scholars
The Institute for Humane Studies makes awards of up to $1,000 to students
and untenured faculty members who would like to participate in
- Awards of up to $1,000
- Applications accepted year-round by email, fax or postal mail.
- Notification of committee's decision within 4 weeks.
- Disbursement of awards after presentation of original receipts.
- Funding for any of the following activities:
- Presentations at academic or professional
- Travel to academic job interviews (on campus or at
- Travel to and research at archives or libraries.
- Participation in career development or enhancing seminars.
- Distribution of a published article to colleagues in your field.
- Submission of unpublished manuscripts to journals or book publishers.
Applications should include the following items:
Applications may be emailed to IHS at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to IHS at (703)
993-4890 if fewer than 8 pages, or sent by postal mail to IHS at 3401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 440, Arlington VA 222014432.
- A 1 to 2-page long cover letter that explains how participation in the
activity advances your career and advances an understanding of the
principles of the classical liberal/libertarian tradition.
- An abstract or copy of the paper (if you intend to present at a
- An itemized list of expected expenses.
- A curriculum vitae or resume.