Official Rules from the 1999 Morley Journalism
- Applicants must be full-time students (college, university, or high
school) during 1999-2000, or be 25 years of age or younger as of December
- Applicants must submit entry form, along with a clipping or a legible
copy of three to five separate items published between July 1, 1998
and December 1, 1999. Publications qualifying for consideration include
editorials, op-eds, articles, essays, and reviews. Each item
must include the publication's name and date of publication.
- At least two of the submitted items should explore or apply classical
liberal principles; the balance may, if applicant chooses, be qualifying
publications (see Rule 2 above) that do not take up classical liberal
themes but indicate the applicant's range and quality of writing.
- All publications must be in English.
- Winners of first, second, and third prize in last year's Morley
Competition are not eligible in the current competition.
- The decision of the judges is final. IHS reserves the right not to
award a prize.
View or print an